Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Style Crush: Ivy from 90210

If I had to describe my TV viewing style in one word it would be: enthusiastic. I'll watch any show at least once and I have a particular soft spot for teenage dramas. Although filled with juicy hookups, pregnancy scares, and forbidden love affairs my attraction to these shows is also due to something more tangible as a viewer - the character's wardrobe. Every fall I look forward to swooning over Serena Van Der Woodsen's boho chic style that is a mix of high-end designer pieces and frugal finds, put together in a way that accurately reflects the Upper East Side's wild child. I watched lovingly as Betty Suarez transformed from Ugly Betty into a self-confident and assured writer. However my ultimate favorite show for style scouting is 90210. In the second season the wardrobe stylist was able to cultivate distinct styles for each character that expressed their personality and aspirations. You can typically find aspiring theatre star Annie dress in Urban Outfitters chic, Naomi who just recently come into her trust fund would wear nothing but designer labels, and Silver the aspiring journalist bears an uncanny resemblance to The Glamourai. Of all of these fashionistas, Ivy's style is the most intriguing. When Ivy came during the second season it was obvious her character was not a girl's girl. Her hoarse voice and sarcastic demeanor repelled the Beverly Hill's girls but allowed her to be successful in becoming one of the guys. Be raised by a single mother, a free spirit who owns her own record company; Ivy developed into a self sufficient teen who inconsequently has more luck surfing the waves than finding the right guy. What drew me to Ivy's style is the bohemian and California surf feel to each piece of clothing; something that can also be seen off-camera by actress Gillian Zinser. Here are some of my favorite looks from the star:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't wait to see what the stylist dresses the girls in for the first year of college in the upcoming season!

14 comments:

  1. love this post! I was actually considering doing my own on ivy haha, then I saw this!

    she's gorgeous, isn't she? her style is amazing.

    x

    http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her style too, she always looks amazing and effortless. I LOVE the 60's film party!! Everyone's costumes were so great. Ivy looked the best though, imo :) I liked annie's outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the show but I adore Zinser's outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her style on and off the show- sooo socal boho chic!

    stylebymj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's got a great look and style! She's gorgeous!

    http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing post....i watch the show too....love her style....

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

    ReplyDelete
  7. love sec pic!

    urbanchouchou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I love her looks! and yea, sometimes the only reason I watch shows is for the clothes :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her tiny body totally makes all these looks doable. She's adorable!

    XXo,
    Neekoh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post!!!Love her style,thanks for sharing!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. :O oooh! i love her look!!! didnt know her, she really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wauw, well written! God, I love Ivy SO much!!! I just want to steal all her clothes! My second favorite on the fashion part is Silver, she can also be a bit bohemien sometimes.

    xxxo

    A

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. I've never seen 90210, but just for this post alone I think I must start watching! She definitely has amazing style. Thanks for sharing this!


    tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...