Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summertime.

I can honestly say that growing up in California has truly made me appreciate the summertime. Although I'm sure you East Coast girls are absolutely sick of hearing Katy Perry's hottest single "California Gurls", to me it really is this amazing place. Whether it be shopping, people watching, or getting splashed by the waves; there's nothing like a relaxing day at the beach. This time of the year inspires me to be more carefree in my personal life and sense of style. However, it's not all fun and games, summertime also signifies the end of the college year and the beginning of the job hunt. In the meantime, I'll post a couple of looks I think are totally hot for the season, and may consider wearing for my interviews. Wish me luck as I fight off thousands of applicants vying for the same retail positions, I'll try not to be too vicious! And why don't you also tell me your favorite thing about the summertime or even your favorite looks for the summer, I'd love to hear.
Love,
The Haute Californian
102163921_e.jpg
Nicole Richie: I am obsessed with her gold sequined jacket thrown over her little black dress. She was recently seen in this look while launching her line Winter Kate in Australia, such a giant step up from her Simple Life days.

Runway by Billabong: Mad props to Billabong who upped the ante in their swimsuits, released in the spring. Billabong, who is typically associated with carefree adolescence, successfully targets an older demographic with Runway by Billabong. The results are stunning swimsuits with beautiful detailing.



We The Free Benjamin Button Down




























Free People: FP never disappoints in creating beautifully crafted clothes that are the symbol of summertime. I am completely in love with this look. From the bold costume jewelry to the belted chinos, perfect for a relaxed work look or a lunch with the girls.


J Crew Spring 10 Collection: J. Crew just blew my mind this spring. I have one in the downtown area of my city and I usually just casually pass by but looking at their spring catalog made me want to go inside. It's like their creative director just read my mind with the cuffed shorts, costume jewelry, and sequined shirts. Perfect summertime work or play.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...