Friday, August 27, 2010

Live Life Colorfully.

At the mention of Autumn, I instantly swoon over my future romance with chunky knits, knee-high suede boots, and brooch adorned beanies. My heart races at the thought of layering gray upon gray upon gray; the perfect color to purchase anything in because it works so well with other pieces. My love affair with this cozy color during cold-weather seasons is not only obsessive but also out of control. When I recently looked at my closet I noticed a variety of items in this shade, with brightly colored pieces limited in number. "How could this be?" I ask myself. (Having an excessive amount of gray may not come as a shock to some of you but you must understand that I was raised by my mother. In her world the color black is taboo, gray does nothing for anyone, and the whole world should be colored in a vibrant red!) Seeing this (and with some inspiration from Louise Roe)I instantly made it my mission to incorporate more jewel tones in my wardrobe. Colors are the spice of life. They make you feel as vibrant as you look. Here's my inspiration: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
What shades are your staples for this season?
Photos courtesy of: The Sidewalk Is My Runway and Sketchbook Six

19 comments:

  1. Relly like the first photo the match between the hot pink and the clutch! aswell the bright color on Lauren's dress it is loooove

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leopard print clutch.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY color!! I love all these :D I need to wear more color too, haha
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the outfits, but specially the last and Lauren Conrad's!=)

    www.agnesstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, although I love neutral shades - bright colours just have the 'wow' factor! I particularly like Lauren's dress and the pink coat on the first picture!

    Thanks for your comments, they are really appreciated!

    www.a--style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! I did too...I got a bit teary XD He isn't that bad...I don't get why they dont like him

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the bright colors of these outfits! super cute!

    [bless bless]
    http://bravotalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a bit of color is always great

    -The Trendy Fashionista
    http://thetrendyfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm not really in love with colours... i prefer neutral...

    Nici from www.set-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE when people embrace colors! these are all stunning examples :) i love that last romper :)

    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah, that leopard clutch is so ah-mazing... LOVE it!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh chunky knits and knee high boots!! i cant wait to be able to wear them again!!!! please fall come soon hehe :) lovely photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the clutch~~ omggg :)
    and lauren conrad too~
    I am back from SH come checkout my blog~
    xx
    vnikali
    www.vnikali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. im in love with the leopard clutch!


    stop by sometime<3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love them all! esp lauren conrads vibrant yellow belted dress!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that pics:) awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so true. I love colours! We should wear them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post, I love color too...thank you so much for posting my photo you are so sweet, following your blog!

    Emma
    TheSidewalkIsMyRunway

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am very fond of gray too, as you said it can be worn with multiple colors. I also really like green, blues, and purple.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...