Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Skater Boi

I taught myself how to skateboard a couple years ago. While I would like to say my motivation for hours of learning how to balance on a board and skate were fro something honorable like dreaming of being a renown boarder, the real reason was my infatuation with Ryan Sheckler. During my high school years I was nothing short of obsessed with this blonde-haired blue-eyed beauty and I was tired of him dating bimbos that didn't really understand him. He needed a girl like me who understood the difficulties of being dedicated to the skater lifestyle and who would accept him in spite of that. Although my dreams of meeting Sheckler were never actualized, my love for skater lifestyle was. Skating is about freedom, community, and rebellion. It doesn't really matter where you come from or who you are, what matters is what you can do. Something we can all relate to and be inspired by.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Inspiration:
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I love the second and third looks! Great blog!! Follow me and I'll follow back

    ReplyDelete
  2. werq it girl!
    I love the backpack and those are cute looks :)

    www.malibumara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, I wish I could skateboard and I really wish I lived in California!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics.

    I'm totally impressed by people who can skateboard. Unfortunately giving it a try terrifies me. I would hit the pavement so fast.

    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the second outfit!! Love the inspiration!!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome outfits girl! i love the second and the last one best :} and i totally forgot about ryan sheckler! ha i wonder what hes up to now.. great post as always :)

    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i lack any form of balance, so it's always amusing to watch me try and skateboard :P

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blue skirt!

    http://carlandtheprepster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the second pic-- I have tons of scarves--probably need to write a post about them

    follow me about to do a giveaway this week!
    www.originalprototype.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the help :) i agree, im always more partial to brown shoes as well but i think i will go for the black b.c it will go with more with my fall wardrobe.

    you look so cute in these pics! haha i love your lil photo shoot! i really like the one with the ruffle tiered skirt! i would def rock that its tight.

    http://thelooktoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post!

    It's so cool to see someone with a passion for something + still be fashionable about it!

    xx Black Adder Fashion
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1840556/black-adder-fashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you skate! My little brother tried teaching me at some point, but that ended quite tragically!
    Love your sequins skirt. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everyone of these looks!! Very cute and creative!

    www.fashionfirstandforemost.blogspot.com

    Xo Ryley

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sound like my sister! But it's so cool you were inspired to do that :) I'm way into those bright blue pants of yours!

    XXo,
    Neekoh

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well as long as your less than honorable intentions got you where you need to be. I'm sure there's another skater boy out there for you! I've always had an admiration for chicks who skateboard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my channel sweetheart and you're definitely repping the skater girls in this outfit and i like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...